Kohima: The ruling People’s Democratic Alliance (PDA) in Nagaland has re-nominated sitting MP Tokheho Yepthomi to contest from the lone Lok Sabha seat in the state.
The PDA nominated Sharingain Longkumer for the by-election to the Aonglenden assembly constituency to be held simultaneously with the Parliamentary elections in Nagaland on April 11.
Both Yepthomi and Longkumer belong to CM Neiphiu Rio-led Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP). PDA is an alliance of NDPP, BJP, JD(U) and independent candidates.
Yepthomi, the consensus candidate of the PDA, had won the by-election to the lone Lok Sabha seat in Nagaland when CM Rio resigned to contest the Assembly elections held on February 28 last year.
The Aonglenden assembly constituency under Mokokchung district was officially declared vacant with effect from September 23 last year due to the demise of Imtikumzuk.
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly
- Nagaland Lottery September 24: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shiva Thapa eyes fresh record at world championship as ‘the senior one’
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 24