New Delhi: Actress Karisma Kapoor wowed audiences at the Lotus Makeup India Fashion Week (LMIFW) in New Delhi on Thursday when she walked the ramp in a ‘mekhela chador’, a traditional Assamese attire.
The Bollywood actor was the showstopper for Assam designer Sanjukta Dutta.
At LFIMW, Dutta showcased her latest collection ‘Morom’, which means ‘love’ in Assamese. The event was organised by the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI).
“I am really looking forward to walk for Sanjukta Dutta at the upcoming show in Delhi. This will promote handlooms and the beautiful Mekhela chador. I am really looking forward to it,” the actress had said in a statement prior to the show.
“It’s a collection by women for women. Morom includes designs which beautifully amalgamate the tradition of Assam with modern silhouettes,” Dutta was quoted as saying by media reports ahead of the show.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31