Kohima: YouthNet Nagaland was awarded with the prestigious BrittWorldWide (BWW) ‘Inspire Awards 2018-19’ during a function to mark the Free Enterprise Day 2019 in Guwahati recently.
Organised by Parivartan India, Hekani Jakhalu, founder of YouthNet Nagaland, received the award on behalf of the Kohima-headquartered non-profit organisation. The award was given to YouthNet Nagaland under the ‘Youth Empowerment’ category.
With a mission to help youth acquire knowledge, develop life skills and form positive attitude and enable them to become self-directing, productive, responsible and contributing members of the society through active participation and involvement, YouthNet was launched on February 1, 2006 by a group of Naga professionals.
“The organisation has been able to reach out and worked with more than one lakh youth in the state creating private job employment and entrepreneurial opportunities to the youths of Nagaland besides skill-oriented and capacity building initiations,” a press release issued by the organisation said.
YouthNet Nagaland was awarded with the prestigious award in recognition of the selfless work and initiation done by the organisation for the betterment of the people.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity