Itanagar: In a first for the Northeast region, Nani Opo from Arunachal Pradesh has been appointed as the national secretary of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
Prior to the appointment, Opo who served as BJP’s Yuva Morcha state vice-president from 2012 to 2015 was holding the post of BJYM national executive member and was also the in charge of Manipur.
Opo was elevated to the post by BJYM national president Poonam Mahajan during an event held at the Yuva Morcha’s New Delhi headquarters recently.
Hailing from Ziro under Lower Subansiri district, Opo has associated himself with various programmes and policies of the BJYM since its inception in the State.
Besides representing the Yuva Morcha at many national level conventions and meetings, he also attended the ‘Asia Region Commonwealth Youth Minister’s Meet at New Delhi’ and the ‘Inter-Govermental Youth Exchange Programme at Seoul, South Korea in 2015’.
Meanwhile, the state unit of BJYM has thanked Mahajan, chief minister Pema Khandu and BJP state president Tapir Gao for the appointment.
While conveying its best wishes to Opo on his elevation and his new assignment, the BJYM hoped that under his leadership, the youth force in Arunachal would be more galvanised and synergised and work with more unison and energy.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31