Guwahati: With a positive aim to bring the Indie subculture into the hearts of the music lovers in the city, Superpress joined hands with Trends to tabulate ‘The Drift’ and set a new benchmark in the region. The music festival is all set to unfold at the Greenwood Resort in Khanapara, Guwahati on March 9 and 10.
“With a promising line-up of local artistes and others from the region, the music festival is all to bring a new wave of music to the region,” said Samiran Nahardeka, festival producer, The Drift. Some of the well-known acts from the region like Trance Effect, Project Baartalaap, The Scavengers Project along with popular artistes and bands like Ritviz, When Chai Met Toast, Suraj Mani and the Tattva Trip, The Yellow Diary, Aswekeepsearching and Gurbax, are going to be a part of this unique initiative.
“The city hasn’t seen an exchange of this sorts happen in recent times and we aim to bring this to the city’s audiences with a firm belief that it can help restructure some of the dynamics of how music is being perceived in the city,” said Kundanraj Borgohain, festival producer, The Drift.
The mega event will also give a platform to the upcoming and young artistes of the city to compete and showcase their talents in the festival through a platform called Project Play. The idea is to inspire more artistes from the city to follow their passion and have their voices heard by a whole new audience.
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test between Dec 16-Jan 13
- Babul Supriyo joins TMC, party of ‘cruel lady’ & netizens can’t stop trolling
- IPL returns as precursor to T20 World Cup
- ‘Nude video call’ sextortion emerging as major cybercrime in Nagaland
- Four-year-old Assamese boy seeks justice for murdered father
- Photos show N. Korea expanding uranium enrichment plant