Srinagar: A war-like situation has emerged along the Indian border with Pakistan after an F-16 jet, reportedly belonging to the Pakistani Air Force and which violated Indian air space, was shot down in Indian retaliatory fire 3 km within Pakistani territory in Lam valley, Nowshera sector.
A parachute was spotted going down, but the condition of the pilot is not known.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendrra Modi cut short his address at a function in Vigyan Bhawan on Wednesday and rushed to attend a meeting to review the security situation arising out of Pakistan’s attempt to violate Indian air space.
Modi was responding to questions from youngsters during the National Youth Festival 2019 where he was handed over a small piece of paper by an official of Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
The Prime Minister immediately stopped and walked toward the panelist where Union minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore was also present.
The PM waived at the audience and immediately left the dias and rushed to his office.
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali
- SC verdict has struck down word ‘Sikkimese’ as well: CAP
- Odisha minister Naba Das dies of bullet injuries: Hospital officials