Aizawl: Three people were killed and two others injured when a car, part of Mizoram home minister Lalchamliana’s convoy, rolled down a steep gorge in Lunglei district on Wednesday morning.
The incident was reported from near Tawipuri North village when Lalchamliana’s entourage was on its way to Aizawl from Vathuampui village in Lawngtlai district, said reports.
Those killed in the accident have been identified as R Lalnunsanga and Ropianga (both were workers of the ruling Mizo National Front) and driver Lalchungnunga. All of them hailed from Aizawl, the capital city of Mizoram.
The injured were admitted to the Lunglei district hospital in a critical condition.
Lalchamliana had visited Vathuampui village in the southernmost Lawngtlai district on Tuesday, where Army personnel are undergoing a training exercise.
- India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier begins 2nd phase sea trials
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam