Agartala: To press for their various long-pending demands, monthly rated workers (MRW) working at various departments of Tripura University (TU) met university Vice-chancellor VL Dharurkar on Monday.
Demanding immediate regularization of their posts citing the reason that they are working in various departments of the university for a longer period, these workers also demanded the VC to put advertisement for the vacant posts in university as the earliest.
“As many as 97 other employees who were regularized there years back but they are yet to receive confirmation letter,” Sukanta Das, a non-teaching staffs of university said.
Speaking with the reporters here after the meeting, Vice-Chancellor VL Dharurkar said, “The university management had appointed a committee and once the report is submitted by the committee, the workers would be regularized and employed according to the rules and regulations set by the government.”
The non-teaching staff is one of the pillars of the university and once the committee places the report, accordingly, the recruitment process will start against the vacant posts,” VL Dharurkar added.
Over 200 non-teaching staff members are working in various departments of the university for more than 5-7 years. The workers also submitted a memorandum to the VC, Tripura University.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation