Guwahati: Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal and minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday evening turned pallbearers for Assam native Maneswar Basumatary, who was among the 40 CRPF personnel killed on Thursday in a heinous terror attack in Jammu & Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
Earlier, the leaders took part in a wreath-laying ceremony on the body of the jawan at the Air Force Station in Borjhar.
Taking to Twitter, Sonowal wrote:
Sarma, too, took to the social networking site later on Saturday evening. He wrote:
On Friday, in a similar gesture, Union home minister Rajnath Singh and Jammu & Kashmir director general of police (DGP) Dilbag Singh too turned pallbearers for one of the fallen CRPF soldiers. This was after the minister had taken part in the wreath-laying ceremony on the bodies of the troopers at the Humhama CRPF camp in Budgam district.
- Resilient gorillas reveal clues about overcoming childhood misfortune
- Dalai Lama congratulates Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Assam: Massive fire breaks out at Numaligarh refinery
- Meghalaya: Panel propose all-party stand on Roster system
- Guwahati: Panel to probe accident that killed 7 engineering students
- Tribal bodies demand President’s Rule in violence-hit Manipur