Itanagar: In an effort to strengthen surface communication at remote Damin circle in Arunachal Pradesh’s Kurung Kumey district, Mi-17 helicopters of the Indian Air Force (IAF) have airlifted more than 80 tonnes of bridging material to the otherwise inaccessible area so that a bridge can be built over Kume river.
Owing to its strategic importance, the vital bridge, once constructed will play a crucial role in easing out the inconvenience caused to local people and troops deployed in this remote part of State.
Besides this, the bridge will also join the settlements of Huri with Damin.
The construction of the significant bridge is being undertaken by Border Road Organisation while the IAF is assisting it in carrying the load to expedite the building process.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence