Itanagar: Arunachal East MP Ninong Ering on Tuesday met Union road, transport & highways minister Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi and discussed the early approval of the much-needed road from Pasighat (in East Siang district) to Dari (West Siang), via Koyu (Lower Siang).
Gadkari said that the road would be constructed for sure.
“This road will help the people of the eastern part of Arunachal to travel within the state without touching Assam,” Ering said.
He said the construction of the Pasighat-Dari road would be “a boon not only to the people of East Siang but all the districts in the eastern part of Arunachal Pradesh”.
“To reach state capital Itanagar from middle and eastern Arunachal, one has to travel via Assam. But repeated and series of bandh calls by different organisations of Assam at various places affect the people of Arunachal for simple travelling with their state,” Ering said.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border