Itanagar: Arunachal East MP Ninong Ering on Tuesday met Union road, transport & highways minister Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi and discussed the early approval of the much-needed road from Pasighat (in East Siang district) to Dari (West Siang), via Koyu (Lower Siang).
Gadkari said that the road would be constructed for sure.
“This road will help the people of the eastern part of Arunachal to travel within the state without touching Assam,” Ering said.
He said the construction of the Pasighat-Dari road would be “a boon not only to the people of East Siang but all the districts in the eastern part of Arunachal Pradesh”.
“To reach state capital Itanagar from middle and eastern Arunachal, one has to travel via Assam. But repeated and series of bandh calls by different organisations of Assam at various places affect the people of Arunachal for simple travelling with their state,” Ering said.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Dec 2
- Pakistan to review strategy after TTP militants calls off truce
- Powerful linear accelerator begins smashing atoms. It could reveal rare forms of matter
- German Chancellor likely to visit India twice next year: Ambassador
- Nagaland pillar of India’s ‘Act East policy’: VP Dhankhar
- Arunachal: Dambuk oranges find takers in UAE