Itanagar: Arunachal East MP Ninong Ering on Tuesday met Union road, transport & highways minister Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi and discussed the early approval of the much-needed road from Pasighat (in East Siang district) to Dari (West Siang), via Koyu (Lower Siang).
Gadkari said that the road would be constructed for sure.
“This road will help the people of the eastern part of Arunachal to travel within the state without touching Assam,” Ering said.
He said the construction of the Pasighat-Dari road would be “a boon not only to the people of East Siang but all the districts in the eastern part of Arunachal Pradesh”.
“To reach state capital Itanagar from middle and eastern Arunachal, one has to travel via Assam. But repeated and series of bandh calls by different organisations of Assam at various places affect the people of Arunachal for simple travelling with their state,” Ering said.
- Manipur to continue biometric collection of illegal immigrants
- Betting on The NFL In India – A Guide
- Shoppers Stop ropes in Ushasi Ray for their Durga Pujo campaign
- New school initiative for displaced children launched in Churachandpur
- Meghalaya: Does Police use ‘brutal force’ as often as Opposition claims?
- Assam: Mahila Congress lodges FIR against CM over ‘hate speech’