Guwahati: Up to Rs 51,600 crore worth of investments are at various stages of implementation by several corporate houses in Assam, commerce and industry minister Chandra Mohan Patowary informed the state assembly on Thursday.
Patowary was replying to a query by Congress MLA Abdul Khaleque. Works for 55 projects worth Rs 23,269.48 crore have already started at several places, he added.
Additionally, Rs 28,334.65 crore worth of investments by 15 corporate houses are also in the pipeline, the minister added.
The recent protests in the over various issues are, however, making the investors apprehensive of the social peace in the state, the minister added.
“If we cannot stop that, no investment will come. I strongly register this in the House,” the minister was quoted as saying by media reports.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers