Aizawl: The Centre has appointed Lalnunmawia Chuaungo as the new chief secretary of Mizoram, an official notification said on Monday.
While posted as the principal secretary for home and finance department before the Mizoram Assembly election last year, Lalnunmawia Chuaungo was dragged into a controversy after former state chief electoral officer (CEO) SB Shashank had accused him of interfering in the election process prompting the Election Commission to transfer Chuaungo to Delhi. Later, the action of the CEO triggered massive protests by civil societies resulting in Shashank’s removal. He was transferred back to Mizoram as soon as the election process was over.
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5
- Mizoram, Assam agree to maintain peace along disputed border