Tinsukia: As part of their ongoing protests against the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, members of All Assam Students’ Union (AASU) and Assam Jatiyatabadi Yuva Chatra Parishad (AJYCP) staged a rally in front of Gopal Chandra Ravichandra Natya Mandir in Assam’s Tinsukia district where a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) meeting was allegedly in progress.
Agitating activists from both the organisations shouted anti-RSS slogans and showed black flags to the local leaders of the right-wing organisation. Tyres were also burnt by the activists as part of the protest. Police had to resort to lathicharge to disperse the agitating crowd.
Senior members of the RSS and BJP were also attacked by the activists during the protest. It was also reported that some of the senior leaders of the two organisation, including Tinsukia district BJP president Laksheswar Maran, sustained injuries during the protest. Later, police escort was provided to the leaders and workers to rescue them from the attack.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands