Aizawl: Mizoram governor Kummanam Rajasekharan on Thursday said stringent measures would be taken to protect the state borders.
In his message to the people in view of the R-Day, the governor said that the government is committed to the territorial integrity of the state and measure would be taken for execution of Mizoram Village Level Citizen Registration.
He said that the state government is committed to preserve and promote Mizo identity, tradition and values. “The government will endeavour to work for the unity and brotherhood of all Mizo people living within India and across the globe within our constitutional framework”, he added.
Sharing the missions of the present government led by Zoramthanga, Rajasekharan said measures will be taken for decentralisation of power and to expedite the establishment of a fully functional Lok Ayukta.
He said that efforts would taken for socio-economic transformation through the state’s Socio-Economic Development Policy (SEDP) and to increase the growth rate.
Among others, the state government would take efforts to improve road connectivity, provide affordable and accessible health care to the people and bring about education reforms at all level of learning, the governor said.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19