Itanagar: It was an embarrassing moment for the cricket buffs of Arunachal Pradesh as its U-23 women’s team was bowled out for only 14 runs in a Twenty20 match against Himachal Pradesh in New Delhi.
Himachal completed the victory formality with all 10 wickets to spare in the BCCI-organised women’s league and knockout U-23 T20 tournament.
Opting to bat first, Arunachal Pradesh’s innings lasted 11 overs, in which they managed just 14 runs on the board after losing wickets at regular intervals.
As many as seven Arunachal batsman failed to open their account.
Prachi Chauhan was the most successful bowler for Himachal, finishing the innings with figures of four wickets for just one run.
Himachal knocked off the runs in 1.2 overs.
Incidentally, China were also bundled out for 14 runs in an international women’s T20 match against UAE on Sunday.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers