Itanagar: Four wushu players from Arunachal Pradesh have been selected to represent India in the upcoming Asian Junior Wushu Championship to be held from July 4-6 in Malaysia.
The players were selected to represent the country following their performance in the 64th National School Games Wushu 2018-19, which concluded in Jharkhand on January 13.
The selected players are Paya Taku (48 kg, U-17 category), Taug Ama (60 kg, U-17), Dorjee Drema Dingla (56 kg, U-17) and Onilu Tega (48 kg, U-19).
Meanwhile, the Arunachal Pradesh girls’ team of U-17 and U-19 won the overall “team championship trophy” in the 64th National School Games Wushu 2018-19. The Arunachal team won seven medals during the tournament. The U-17 girls’ team from the state also won the second runner-up trophy during the championship.
While Dorjee Drema Dingla (56 kg) and Taug Ama (60 kg) won the gold, Paya Taku (48 kg) won silver and Gyamar Kana (45 kg) bagged a bronze medal. In the U-19 category, Onilu Tega (48 kg) won the gold, and Rinchin Lamu Megeji (45 kg) and Chera Yagu (56 kg) won a bronze medal each.
- India’s economy has bright spots, a number of very dark stains: Raghuram Rajan
- Assam electoral office selected for ‘Best Performing State’ Award
- ‘3 idiots’ fame school yet to get CBSE affiliation after over two decades
- Nagaland reports 107 fresh COVID-19 cases, tally at 33,585
- Assam CM orders probe into ex-student leader injured in police firing
- PM Modi unveils Bose’s hologram statue at India Gate