Imphal: The Manipur People’s Party (MPP) took out a protest rally from Polo Ground in Imphal to submit a memorandum to state governor Najama Heptulla.
However, the rally was foiled by the police after barricading their passage in the front of Johnstone Higher Secondary School. Party members, including MPP president and party executives, joined the protest rally. Meanwhile, addressing the party workers, party president O Jugindro said that the party will take out another rally shortly to submit the memorandum to the governor.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art