Maligaon: The Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Northeast Frontier (NF) Railway rescued 669 minors, both boys and girls, from the clutches of traffickers during the period of January to December last year. Nine human traffickers were arrested from trains in this regard, the NF Railway said in a statement released recently.
Acting on specific information, the Crime Prevention and Detection Squad (CPDS) team, comprising head constable Bikram Bose and constable AK Singh, managed to rescue five minor boys from Brahmaputra Mail in December last year. The five boys managed to run away from the places where they were taken in Dimapur and were travelling by train. The CPDS team also rescued three teenaged boys.
Further, as per the information provided by the rescued boys, an RPF team, led by inspector Nayeem Uddin, conducted a search operation in UP Jansatabdi Express on December 18 at Lumding Railway Station and rescued two other minor boys.
All the boys are from Rangapahar Crossing Gate No. 1 area under Dimapur Post Office and Dimapur Police Station in Nagaland.
Later, the parents of the rescued boys were informed over phone and, subsequently, they were handed over to their respective parents after proper identification.
On January 1, an RPF team from Katihar (East) also rescued one missing minor who was separated from parents at Katihar station from Chandigarh Express. Later, the boy was handed over to his parents by the RPF team.
- IAF inducts indigenously-built Light Combat Helicopter
- Arunachal: 3 media bodies elect executive members
- Gandhi look-alike ‘Asura’ at Kolkata puja pandal stokes controversy
- Assam: Puja goes green in Dhekiajuli with zero plastic use
- Mizoram demands good network service, phone connectivity
- With drained battery & no fuel, India’s Mars Orbiter craft bids adieu