Alipurduar: A few days after Alipurduar district magistrate (DM) Nikhil Nirmal allegedly thrashed a youth inside the Falakata police station of the district in West Bengal, he has been transferred and posted as MD of West Bengal Tribal Development Co-operative Corporation.
Meanwhile, as per a government notification issued on Thursday, Subhanjan Das, currently posted as additional secretary, health and family welfare, will take over as the DM of Alipurduar.
The viral video, which surfaced on Sunday evening, has left the residents of the area in a tizzy, as it shows the IAS officer beating the youth for posting lewd comments against the DM’s wife on her Facebook page.
The video shows how Nirmal and his wife assaulted the youth in front of a police officer.
Watch the video here:
As per reports, the incident happened after the youth allegedly posted an offensive post on social media about the DM’s wife, Nandini Krishna. The youth was called to the police station where the DM is seen beating him in the video.
In the video, Nirmal can be heard threatening the youth by saying, “I will not let you do anything against me in my district. I will enter your house and kill you.”
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action
- Active COVID-19 cases lowest in 221 days