Kohima: Lanuakum Imchen, a farmer from Nagaland, has bagged the 2018 Best India Organic Farmer Award for North and Northeast India.
Imchen, who has been promoting organic farming for the past five years, was given the award by Union minister of state for agriculture and farmers’ welfare Krishna Raj at a function held in New Delhi on December 28 last year.
He got the recognition for his pro-active involvement and contribution in organic farming and towards the organic movement in the state and country. The award was given by Jaivik India Award and International Competence Centre for Organic Agriculture.
Imchen owns Cold Mountain, a brand that promotes and sells local products of Nagaland. Cold Mountain is a team of 13 young people with its farm based in Mokokchung. The final packaging of the products is done in Dimapur. Besides selling organic products, the establishment also trains farmers to be self-sufficient and to undertake environment-friendly farming practices.
In the wake of providing employment, young coordinators are employed across the state to promote its products. It further aims to promote the state’s produce at international markets.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art