Guwahati: As part of the ongoing crackdown by security forces on terrorist organisations active in Upper Assam region and its neighbouring areas, an ULFA(I) militant was apprehended from the Sankhapani village of Changlang district in Arunachal Pradesh on Tuesday.
The accused has been identified as Ram Bahadur Lama alias SS Lance Cpl Papu.
Further investigation by the joint team of the police and the Army revealed that the accused was tasked by the outfit to sabotage operations of the Indian security forces and government functionaries on the eve of the upcoming Republic day celebrations.
A US-made 9-mm pistol with one magazine, 15 rounds of live ammunition, three Chinese grenades, a remote IED and a detonator with remote and batteries have been recovered from the accused.
An FIR has been lodged against the accused.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA