Guwahati: A 29-year-old woman from Nagaland was reportedly arrested in Bengaluru in Karnataka on Thursday over charges of running a sex trade under the garb of an illegal ‘spa and massage parlour’ in the city.
The police raided the parlour and rescued three other women, whose ethnicity was not yet known.
Although the exact location was not disclosed, reports said that the raid occurred in the Jayanagar area of the city, and a case was registered at the Thilaknagar police station. Investigation is underway.
The three rescued girls have reportedly told the police that they were hired by the woman for offering facial massage and haircuts to customers but were later pushed into the flesh trade.
Reports also said that the rescued girls were in the custody of the state remand home for women.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity