Guwahati: The Tengnoupal battalion of the 26 Sector Assam Rifles seized contraband tablets worth Rs 81 lakh from a car during a regular check along the Moreh-Imphal road on Thursday.
Security personnel intercepted a Maruti 800 car bearing registration number MN 02 B 3497 at a check post. Upon interrogation and thorough checking, the Assam Rifles personnel recovered 27,000 tablets, suspected to be WY tablets, in 135 packets. One person has been apprehended in this connection.
The arrested person has been identified as Md Feroz, who hails from Churachandpur district. “Later, the accused was handed over to the authorities concerned,” Assam Rifles said in press statement.
As per the statement, the Tulihal Battalion of the 9 Sector Assam Rifles conducted monthly security meets at Mayang Imphal, Nambol, Patsoi, and Tulihal Company Operating Bases to create awareness among stakeholders.
“The forums were attended by village pradhans, councillors, village secretaries, school principals, ex-servicemen and representatives of local police stations along with ward members of gram panchayats, among others.”
- DoNER minister lays foundation stone of Parashuram Kund
- Oldest human footprints in North America found in New Mexico
- IIM Shillong hosts 2-day summit on food processing opportunities
- Govt seals mega deal with Airbus for purchase of 56 C-295 military transport aircraft
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly