Agartala: The Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura (IPFT), an ally of the ruling BJP in the state, is ready to discuss the seat-sharing issue for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls with BJP national president Amit Shah during his visit to the state on January 5.
Talking to EastMojo, IPFT general secretary Mangal Debbarma said that the party is hopeful of discussing the issue ahead of the general elections.
Prior to the panchayat by-polls in the state, the IPFT made it clear that if the BJP doesn’t share the East Lok Sabha seat with the IPFT, then the party will contest the elections of its own.
Earlier, the IPFT also announced that the party was ready to make an alliance with any political party to contest in the Lok Sabha election, if the BJP doesn’t share one seat with the party.
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days