Itanagar: The tableau from Arunachal Pradesh, prepared by renowned art expert Dhruba Bhattacharjee and his team of artists, has been selected for participation in the Republic Day Tableaux Parade at Rajpath, New Delhi on January 26 this year.
The officials of the state department of Information and Public Relations (IPR) received a precious New Year’s gift from the Union ministry of defence (MoD) in the form of selection of the Arunachal Pradesh tableau. According to the MoD directive, all the tableaux are to be based on or related to Mahatma Gandhi.
As a matter of fact, the selection of tableau for the Republic Day Tableaux Parade is a painstakingly long and rigorous process involving various stages of elimination. An expert committee is appointed to select the tableaux from among the participating states of the country. After selection, the MoD gives instructions for changes and modifications at various stages. However, within a very short period and at a short notice, the IPR department successfully prepared the tableau as per the guidelines of the MoD and has been selected for the parade.
Altogether 32 states sent their tableaux for selection, of which only 14 were selected by the experts’ committee. Only Sikkim and Arunachal have been able to cross the hurdle from the Northeast. The Arunachal tableau has been selected 13 times in the past. In 2017, the state won the first position among all the states. The theme then was ‘Yak Dance’ of the Monpas.
- Watch: 3 youths go missing in Assam’s Tinsukia, suspected of joining ULFA (I)
- Webcasting arrangements in place for Assam by-election: EC official
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second