Guwahati: The Arunachal Pradesh government generated record high revenue of Rs 1,598.49 crore in the financial year 2017-18. The latest revenue generation has been regarded as the highest in 30 years.
The state generated revenues of more than Rs 1,000 crore in two consecutive years, as per government sources. The revenue generation increased from Rs 1,253.57 crore in financial year 2016-17 by Rs 344.92 crore in financial year 2017-18.
Earlier in 2015-16, the state generated revenues of Rs 927.23 crore. “There has been a visible improvement in the work culture in the last two years. The Team Arunachal mantra has ignited minds of the employees to deliver goods to the people of the state. This has resulted in multiplying the state revenue collection,” a government official was quoted as saying by media reports.
The generation of revenue by the state government includes shares of state and central taxes, among other sources.
- 41 pc more rainfall in India from Oct 1-21, Uttarakhand records five times higher rain: IMD
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM