Sivasagar: Allegations of of sexual abuse have surfaced against the supervisor of a children’s home at Joysagar in the Sivasagar district of Assam after an inmate, who was repeatedly violated over a period of time, allegedly tried to commit suicide on Wednesday.
In her suicide note, written in her blood, she wrote, “I need justice.”
The incident comes to the light after three other inmates escaped from the children’s home, Swapnalaya, about three months ago. An FIR was lodged against the supervisor by Oikya Sena Asom, a social service organisation, at that time. The case is reportedly pending in court.
It has been alleged that the accused used to molest the inmates after offering them juice laced with sedatives.
Severely criticising the Sivasagar district administration, members of Oikya Sena Asom have now sent an ultimatum to them to initiate action against the accused.
“It’s really unfortunate that despite filing an FIR almost three months ago, the main accused in the case is roaming scot-free,” Fariz Islam Hazarika, general secretary (central committee) of Oikya Sena Asom, said.
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence
- Death toll due to dengue in UP’s Firozabad rises to 63
- Vital Signs: a simple way to cut carbon emissions don’t let polluters hide
- Lawyers abstain from work a day after shootout at Rohini court