Imphal: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay foundation stones for floodlighting systems at Khuman Lampak Main Stadium and Khuman Lampak Hockey Stadium in Imphal on January 4 next year. This was announced by Manipur CM N Biren Singh on Tuesday.
As per Singh, the foundation stone for developing artificial football turf would also be laid soon at an estimated cost of Rs 10 crore on a football ground in Imphal West District and two other football fields in Thoubal and Mayang Imphal at a cost of Rs 4 crore each.
On Monday, the Manipur government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Centre for Microfinance and Livelihood (CML), an associate organisation of Tata Trusts, to set up 30 grassroots football schools in different areas of the state.
As per the MoU, a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence for Football at Khuman Lampak would also be set up under the Tata Trusts Grassroots Football Development Programme, said a statement issued by the IPR department.
- Assam: Submission date under Mission Basundhara 2.0 extended
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Tripura to host G20 conclave on clean energy from Monday
- Arunachal: Army personnel dies in landslide, body recovered after 4 days