Agartala: Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched a scathing on the Congress for ‘misleading the nation’ on Rafale deal at a press conference held in Agartala on Tuesday. He also appeared confident of winning all Lok Sabha seats of the Northeast in the upcoming 2019 general elections.
The Assam CM, who was addressing media persons at the state BJP office in Agartala, demanded the Congress and its president Rahul Gandhi to apologise to the nation for misleading the people and Prime Minister Narendra Modi for attempting to malign his image.
Sonowal accused the Congress of being incapable of taking decisions for strengthening the army. He further added that the Congress was never concerned about the national security of India and that is why now they are misleading the nation on the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter jets by the NDA government.
The Assam CM also said that the Congress delayed the purchase of fighter jets during its tenure from 2007 to 2014 because they were not able to find any commission for the deal.
Attacking the Congress, Sonowal said that the BJP has uprooted the Congress from the region and will win all 25 seats in the next Lok Sabha polls. Speaking about the BJP’s target for next general elections, he said, “The north east is now Congress-mukt and the Narendra Modi-led BJP will form the government with absolute majority.”
The press conference by the Assam CM is part of the BJP’s latest move to attack the Congress over the Rafale issue by holding press conferences across the country.
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court