Imphal: In order to encourage and support the veteran sports achievers of the state, the Manipur government is contemplating to give due recognition to them in a phased manner.
Manipur CM N Biren Singh announced this while interacting with well-known bodybuilder and former Mr India N Maipak at his residence on Sunday. The state government is considering a proposal to construct a structure (gallery or building) in recognition to the 86-year-old Maipak’s contribution to the world of bodybuilding.
The CM also assured of steps to renovate the Kangchup Road Young Pioneers Sports Association (KRYPSA) ground. “I am very pleased that my brother came for a visit to my place. I can rest in peace if the KRYPSA ground is renovated,” said Maipak, who was declared Mr India in 1970.
Speaking to media persons after the meeting, the CM said that Maipak was a pioneering figure in the field of bodybuilding. Being a chief minister of the state, it was his duty to visit the veteran bodybuilder when he was not keeping well.
The chief minister also announced that seven-time Mr World title winner Arambam Boby would be feted at a grand reception ceremony soon after his arrival to the state.
Provision for an reward, including a government service, is also being considered by the state government, he added.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19