Guwahati: Arunachal Pradesh beat Mizoram 2-1 in the extra-time in a thrilling semi-finals of the Hero Sub-Junior National Football Championship (NFC) on Thursday. The match was played at the Rajiv Gandhi Stadium in Naharlagun.
Arunachal Pradesh will play against Odisha in the final to be played on Saturday.
After conceding to Mizoram before the half-time, the Arunachali boys were denied equaliser until the 84th minute when skipper Yura Tarung found the back of the net taking the match to extra times.
Coming all guns blazing the hosts managed to restrict Mizoram, considered heavy weights, and kept the scare card 1-1. Hopes for the visitors came to an end when Ujjal Rai scored a stunner in extra-time, and set the fans on their feet.
Earlier, Odisha ensured their place in the final after beating Jharkhand 6-2 in the other semi-final.
The final will be played on December 15.
- Sikkim reports 17 fresh COVID-19 cases, one new fatality
- Arunachal a goldmine for adventure tourism: Mountaineer Anshu Jamsenpa
- UP: Tension at Sankisa Buddhist pilgrimage site; saffron flag pulled down from temple
- India boosts firepower in forward areas along LAC in Arunachal sector
- Nagaland reports 18 new COVID-19 cases
- Meghalaya Congress chief slams govt over fuel price hike