Agartala: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to inaugurate the upgraded Regional Cancer Centre in Agartala during his visit to the state in February next year.
As per sources, the healthcare facility, where over 2,000 cancer patients get treatment every year, will get a new building, besides other modern equipment.
PM Modi will also inaugurate some other projects during his visit to the state.
On Wednesday, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb undertook a review meeting in which he took stock of the various developmental works that are to be completed by February next year.
The meeting was chaired by chief secretary LK Gupta, Public Works Department (PWD) secretary Manoj Kumar, and health and family welfare secretary Samarjit Bhowmik, besides other senior officials of the state government.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing