Agartala: Accusing the BJP of inciting violence in the state, CPI-M MP Jitendra Choudhury has alleged that workers of the ruling party have been routinely involved in attacking Left Front supporters right under the nose of the government.
Talking to media persons, Choudhury, who represents the Tripura East constituency in Lok Sabha, also alleged that following the defeat of the BJP in some states in the recently-concluded Assembly elections, supporters of the party have lost their mental balance and are hence attacking CPI-M workers.
“BJP workers have lost their mind after the party’s defeat in five states. Had the BJP won in the recent assembly elections, over 1,000 opposition leaders would have been displaced by BJP workers,” Choudhury alleged.
Referring to the incident in which the house of one Krishna Shil, a CPI-M worker, was set on fire at Belonia Satmura in south district in the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday, Choudhury alleged that it was the handiwork of BJP workers.
The senior CPI-M leader also criticised the BJP of trying to take control of the law-and-order situation. “Despite lodging several complaints against the involvement of BJP workers in various anti-social activities, including the routine attacks on CPI-M workers, the state home department is yet to take any action against the party,” he alleged.
Referring to the recent attacks on a sitting MLA at Gokulnagar and a CPI-M worker at Belonia allegedly by BJP workers, the MP further alleged that the police are yet to make any arrests in this regard.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people