Imphal: Manipur cricketer Rex Rajkumar Singh has achieved a rare feat by taking a remarkable 10 wickets in an innings in a Cooch Behar Trophy match played at the Rural Development Trust Stadium in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
Six of the 9.5 overs that he bowled in the four-day tournament for U-19 players were maidens. The 18-year-old left-arm medium pacer belongs to Manipur’s capital city Imphal.
Rex was on fire during Arunachal Pradesh’s second innings – he needed just 9.5 overs to pick up 10 wickets. Arunachal managed only 36 and were bowled out within 19 overs.
Rex had the opportunity to pick up a hat-trick thrice in the second innings. He bowled five batsmen, two of his wickets were LBW, two caught behind and one caught in the outfield.
Manipur, who had posted 122 in their first innings in response to the opposition’s 138, got the 55 runs they needed in 7.5 overs to complete an easy 10-wicket win.
Rex, who had made his first-class debut in the Ranji Trophy this season, finished with 15 wickets in the match.
- Kerala landslide toll touches 18 as rescuers dig deeper
- Father’s responsibilities wouldn’t end at son attaining 18 years age: Delhi HC
- Weight loss & fad diets: Know the pros and cons before taking drastic steps
- Five natural homemade face packs for every skin type
- Plan to develop tourist circuit of places travelled by Srimanta Sankardev: Assam CM
- Assam reports 269 new COVID-19 cases