Dimapur: Dimapur-based Livingstone Foundation Higher Secondary School (LFHSS) has been ranked No.1 for ‘co-curricular education’ at the India School Merit Awards 2018 held in Bengaluru recently.
LFHSS was ranked No.1 in India for ‘Co-curricular Education’ by Bengaluru-based Education Today after “scrutinising more than 1,300 survey forms”, as per the school authorities. The award was based on overall jury rating, parents’ votes and an analysis made by the Education Today team.
The school was awarded for its ‘efforts in enhancing the area of skill development of the students by incorporating numerous skill-based activities and events throughout the academic session of the school every year’.
Ani Yepthomi, the director of the school, received the award at the annual India School Merit Awards held in Bengaluru on December 8.
From its 13th rank in 2017, the school managed to bag the top position this year. Emphasising on co-curricular education, besides academic education, 170 other activities are carried out during the 220 working days in the school.
As per reports, top 200 schools and 50 pre-schools in ‘international, boarding, CBSE, ICSE, state, boys’ and girls’, and pre-school’ categories were selected for the survey that was conducted by the assessment team and categorised under 10 parameters which includes academic reputation, individual attention, infrastructure provision, innovative leadership management quality, co-curricular activities and value education.
- Pentagon reverses itself, calls deadly Kabul strike an error
- Manipur: Court to pass final order in Pravish Chanam case on 30 Sept
- Wildest Dreams: Surprised Swifties react to new Taylor version of song
- The Wet Ones: A love it or hate it movie with nightmarish dolls
- SpaceX: Maverick talks to space cruisers Rook, Nova, Hanks and Leo
- 5 easy tried and tested one-pot meals to ‘Netflix and chill’ this weekend