Kohima: Twenty-year-old Mewetsho-ü Dianu from Phek district was crowned Miss Nagaland 2018 at an event held as part of the ongoing Hornbill Festival on Sunday. The 20-year-old walked the ramp at the Regional Centre of Excellence for Music and Performing Arts in Jotsoma. She was handed over Rs 1.5 lakh as cash prize.
Meanwhile, Dianu has also been appointed as the brand ambassador of Swacch Bharat Mission, as per reports.
While 23-year-old Grace Ezung was adjudged first runner-up, 20-year-old Bendangkokla was crowned second runner-up, receiving cash prizes of Rs 1 lakh and Rs 70,000, respectively.
The other winners included Aka Achumi (Miss Photogenic), Neingainem (Miss Talent), Mewetsho-ü Dianu (Miss Perfect Ten), Vekhotolü Love (Miss Queen of Hearts and Best Evening Gown), Marola (Miss Multimedia) and Tsuniholi (Miss Empower).
Participants included winners from across Nagaland who represented their respective districts. At the pageant, former Miss Asia World Koyal Rana was the guest judge. Other judges included Rajesh Soundarajan, DC Kohima; Asu Keyho, advisor BASN; Kaheli Chophy, Miss India Nagaland 2017; and Theyiesinuo Keditsu, poet, writer and educator.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence