Imphal: Stage is all set to organise the three-day-long 15th state-level Orange Festival starting from December 8 at Mini Stadium, Tamenglong district.
Organised by the State-level Orange Festival Organising Committee, the festival will be scheduled to the inaugurated by state chief minister N Biren Singh. Chief minister N Biren Singh will take part in the programme as chief guest. State forest minister Th Shyamkumar and PHED minister L Dikho are also likely to be present on the occasion as guests.
Different programmes, including cultural dance, orange eating competition, music show, seminar on orange and other horticulture crops (perspective, problems & potential) are also likely to be organised as part of the festival.
The “Orange Queen contest” will also be one of the prominent features of the festival. Altogether 22 contestants from various parts of the state have already confirmed their participation in the event.
Additional events like camping, trekking, traditional sports will also be organised as part of the festival.
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created
- Nagaland: Hope and apprehension as primary schools reopen slowly