Agartala: Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb on Wednesday met a delegation of Amul Milk Union Limited in Agartala and sought to share expertise of the Gujarat-based dairy cooperative in developing dairy industry in the state.
After meeting Dr ST Deshai of Amul, the CM told reporters that he discussed prospects of developing the dairy industry and a milk-based economy in the state with the team.
“I am sure this initiative will help to solve unemployment to some extent in Tripura. It will also help in fulfilling demand of milk in the state. We shall make Tripura self-reliant in milk production in three years,” he was quoted as saying by The Indian Express.
- CoWIN can be customised, scaled up for health interventions: MEA official
- Sikkim reports 17 fresh COVID-19 cases, one new fatality
- Arunachal a goldmine for adventure tourism: Mountaineer Anshu Jamsenpa
- UP: Tension at Sankisa Buddhist pilgrimage site; saffron flag pulled down from temple
- India boosts firepower in forward areas along LAC in Arunachal sector
- Nagaland reports 18 new COVID-19 cases