Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government on Thursday sought feedback from the 12 karatekas, who won 16 medals at the recently-concluded 9th Commonwealth Karate Championships in Durban, South Africa, on the state’s sports policy.
The karatekas would be awarded by the state government, announced sports and youth affairs minister Dr Mohesh Chai.
The minister also felicitated the 12-member karateka team for winning the medals for India at the championship held in Durban from November 29 to December 2.
The team members were given a rousing welcome upon their arrival at the Naharlagun railway station on Wednesday evening.
- India has 21 judges per million population: Govt
- Ukrainian ecologists say nature will suffer no matter war’s result
- 5 names recommended by Collegium to be cleared soon: Centre to SC
- Quad agrees to leverage machine learning to enhance cyber security
- Chinese spy balloon spotted over US airspace
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations