Itanagar: A self-styled captain of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland Isaac-Muivah faction (NSCN-IM) , identified as A Tangkhul, was among three killed in an encounter with jawans of the Assam Rifles in the Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh on Thursday.
Intelligence sources said that the encounter took place between Langkai and Laho village in Tirap district.
As per security forces, two AK-56 rifles, a large quantity of ammunition and one rocket launcher were recovered from the spot.
- CIA officer reports Havana syndrome symptoms during India trip: Report
- Heritage Aviation to start helicopter services in Northeast
- Tripura: TMC leader Kunal Ghosh taken to hospital
- India facing new war paradigm on borders: Rahul on China’s infra ramp up
- Two pilots injured as Army chopper crash lands in J&K
- APCC raises suspicion over Assam CM’s talks with NSCN(IM)