Shillong: Construction work of the proposed National Games Stadium in Mawdiangdiang under the New Shillong Township is all set to begin from January next year.
The inspection process for the stadium, to be constructed ahead of the forthcoming National Games in 2022, will be conducted before Christmas by a senior official of the Meghalaya government and representatives from the Union ministry of social justice and empowerment.
This was decided in a review meeting chaired by state chief minister Conrad K Sangma on Monday.
Meghalaya minister for sports and youth affairs Banteidor Lyngdoh said that the Union ministry of social justice and empowerment has recently sanctioned an amount of Rs 350 crore for the construction of the proposed stadium.
During the meeting, a presentation pertaining to the preparation for the National Games was also made by the state sports department.
- Two pilots injured as Army chopper crash lands in J&K
- APCC raises suspicion over Assam CM’s talks with NSCN(IM)
- International Day of Peace 2021: Why is it celebrated?
- Nagaland Lottery September 21: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Nagaland ranks sixth in State Food Safety Index among small states
- Sonowal files RS nomination from Assam, likely to be elected unopposed