Imphal: All differently-abled people in Manipur will be covered under a pension scheme being implemented in the state under the supervision of the chief minister.
Announcing this, while participating in a public meeting as a chief guest to mark the International Day of Persons with Disabilities on Monday at the Khuthabi Ground in Imphal East, Manipur minister for forest and environment Th Shyamkumar said that all human beings must accept life as a gift from God. Stating that everyone must dedicate their life working for the welfare of the people, the minister said, “By observing the day, we are honouring the differently-abled people with the objective that we as a society live united for a sustainable and equitable development.”
The programme was organised by the Handicapped Welfare Association Manipur State Head Office, Yairipok Top Chingtha Imphal East.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing