Barpeta, Assam: By cracking the Indian Economic Service (IES) examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in his first attempt, Pathsala boy Rupam Talukdar has not only become the only one from Assam to clear the prestigious examination this year but has also brought laurels to the state.
The results of the IES examination were declared by the UPSC on Tuesday.
Talukdar, who belongs to a family of poor financial background, is the son of Rohini Talukdar and Hemanti Talukdar of Pathsala in Barpeta district. His father runs a paan shop near the bus stand in Pathsala town.
Despite his financial constraints, Talukdar maintained a brilliant career as a student. After securing first class first position in his bachelor’s degree in economics from the BH College in Barpeta in 2013, he went on to finish his postgraduation from Gauhati University in 2015.
He is currently pursuing hi PhD from Gauhati University.
While expressing his happiness at clearing the IES examination, Talukdar said, “Poverty should be taken as a challenge. Some people remain mentally backward and some others economically backward. One should not think himself or herself as destitute.”
Meanwhile, his parents added that Talukdar also had to earn money by helping his father at his paan shop to pursue his studies.
- World Rose Day 2021: Here’s why this day is dedicated to cancer patients
- World Rhino Day 2021: Significance & slogans to save the rhinoceros
- Arunachal logs 64 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 22
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Manipur: PREPAK (Pro) cadre arrested with huge cache of IED materials