Guwahati: Assam Police has been in the news for quite some time now for its witty and quirky posts on Twitter. The latest one to win the hearts of social media users is no different.
On Wednesday, the Northeast state’s police department’s official Twitter handle made a splash among Twitterati after it used a popular song by British band Queen to talk about fake news.
Referring to the song, Bohemian Rhapsody, the tweet read: “Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
Real life is not a fantasy.
Fact check before you forward,
There’s no escape from reality.
Mama, I don’t wanna lie.
Check out the tweet:
In the tweet, the police department used a photo of Freddie Mercury, who was the lead vocalist of the rock band Queen, with the words ‘Facts live forever’ written beside it. The message behind the tweet is crucial — don’t believe in everything that you see, always fact-check before you decide to do anything.
The post has led to a barrage of comments, likes and retweets on Twitter. Check out some of them:
- First theatrical release in 8 months gives life to Assam’s puppetry culture
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle