New Delhi: The CBI on Monday filed a charge sheet against five state policemen, among others, in an alleged fake encounter case that happened in 1999.
This is the seventh charge sheet filed by the special investigation team (SIT) of the CBI after it was constituted as per a Supreme Court (SC) order issued in 2017 to probe into 1,528 cases of extra-judicial killings in Manipur.
The charge sheet was submitted before the chief judicial magistrate of Imphal West by the SIT after it completed a probe into the alleged fake encounter case involving RK Laksana alias Vito Singh on February 15, 1999 at Mayang Langjing area of Imphal West district.
The five police personnel who have been named in the charge sheet are former sub-inspector Pebam John, constables Longjam Lokhon Singh, Thangkhomang Kipgen, K Bijoy Tarao and Fazur Rahman.
- No interim relief to Abhishek Banerjee, his wife in money laundering case
- CIA officer reports Havana syndrome symptoms during India trip: Report
- Heritage Aviation to start helicopter services in Northeast
- Tripura: TMC leader Kunal Ghosh taken to hospital
- India facing new war paradigm on borders: Rahul on China’s infra ramp up
- Two pilots injured as Army chopper crash lands in J&K