Imphal: With an aim to promote tourism and cultural integration, a 10-day motorcycle expedition tour to Myanmar was flagged off in Imphal on Saturday morning.
Organised by ‘Pack the Bag’, the tour is being participated by a group of eight bikers representing various parts of the country.
Speaking on the occasion after flagging off the tour, Manipur minister for public works Thongam Biswajit Singh stated that the expedition tour will further strengthen the emotional and cultural integration as it is being participated by bikers across the country.
He lauded the efforts of the organiser for organising the expedition, which will help in strengthening the relationship between the people of different states. The bikers will pass through Kalaymyo, Monyna, Mandalay, InleLake, Ragan and Yangon.
Stressing on the need of promoting tourism in Manipur, the minister said, “The state government is trying to woo tourists, both domestic and foreign, by organising Sangai festival. This festival will definitely promote the tourism sector showcasing exotic cuisine, handloom and handicrafts products of the State.”
He further asserted that without development of Northeast, India can’t be called a developed country. Singh also urged the bikers to carry the message of love and affection back home.
- Nagaland’s Entrepreneurs Associates sensitises women vendors in Dimapur
- Bangladesh tries fences to tackle growing human-tiger conflict in Sundarbans
- Outcome of 2024 elections will ‘surprise’ people: Rahul Gandhi
- Indian-American eighth-grader Dev Shah crowned 2023 Scripps National Spelling Bee champion
- HC pulls up Meghalaya govt for coal export without seeking its origin
- Assam: Hailakandi BJP leader promised ‘govt jobs’ for money, arrested