Imphal: With an aim to promote tourism and cultural integration, a 10-day motorcycle expedition tour to Myanmar was flagged off in Imphal on Saturday morning.
Organised by ‘Pack the Bag’, the tour is being participated by a group of eight bikers representing various parts of the country.
Speaking on the occasion after flagging off the tour, Manipur minister for public works Thongam Biswajit Singh stated that the expedition tour will further strengthen the emotional and cultural integration as it is being participated by bikers across the country.
He lauded the efforts of the organiser for organising the expedition, which will help in strengthening the relationship between the people of different states. The bikers will pass through Kalaymyo, Monyna, Mandalay, InleLake, Ragan and Yangon.
Stressing on the need of promoting tourism in Manipur, the minister said, “The state government is trying to woo tourists, both domestic and foreign, by organising Sangai festival. This festival will definitely promote the tourism sector showcasing exotic cuisine, handloom and handicrafts products of the State.”
He further asserted that without development of Northeast, India can’t be called a developed country. Singh also urged the bikers to carry the message of love and affection back home.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity