The ill-fated bus that caught fire in Baksa on Saturday morning
The ill-fated bus that caught fire in Baksa on Saturday morning|EastMojo image

Assam: 8 students sustain injuries as school bus catches fire

Electrical short circuit is suspected to have caused the incident in Baksa district, say reports

Team EastMojo

Team EastMojo

Baksa, Assam: Eight students sustained injuries after a school bus carrying them caught fire at Bogamati Ambarish Nagar in the Baksa district of lower Assam on Saturday. Around 40 students along with teachers were travelling on the vehicle when the incident occurred. They were headed to a school picnic.

As per reports, an electrical short-circuit triggered the fire that occurred around 9.30 in the morning.

The occupants of the bus with registration number AS-25 BC 0872 were asked to get down from the vehicle after the driver noticed smoke emanating from some wires in his cabin. The injured students and teachers were later taken to the nearest hospital.

For more such stories, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Activate Website Notifications to stay updated.