Imphal: A suspected NSCN(IM) militant was killed in a shootout with members of the Zeliangrong United Front (ZUF) near Lubanglong village in Noney district of Manipur. The exchange of fire, which took place around 11.30 am, reportedly lasted for about half an hour.
The deceased has been identified as Abam Zeme from Dima Hasao district of Assam.
On November 18, a similar exchange of fire took place between the two outfits in Toudaijang village of Khoupum area in which two militants of NSCN(IM) were reportedly injured.
ZUF is a breakaway group of the NSCN(IM) formed in 2011. It is yet to come under a ceasefire agreement with the government. ZUF is active in the Naga-dominated districts of Noney and Tamenglong in Manipur.
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday
- Meghalaya deputy CM says physical possession of Harijan Colony land soon