Imphal: With an aim to create a platform for aspiring photographers from the state and the rest of the Northeast India, a photo exhibition titled Sangai Photo Festival 2018 is being organised at the Kangla Hall in Imphal.
This is for the first time that such a photo exhibition is being organised during the Manipur Sangai Festival. The event will continue till November 26.
Inaugurating the festival as chief guest, Manipur minister for forests and environment Thounaojam Shyamkumar said that the rare pictures showcased at the festival show that state’s our forefathers lived in sovereignty and fought for the freedom of the state.
At the same time, Shyamkumar also urged the younger generation to preserve the tradition and culture of the state.
“Human beings can’t live alone without conserving and protecting the environment and wildlife,” the minister said, reiterating that the future generations need to preserve the traditional culture, environment and wildlife of the state.
- SC says Talaq-e-Hasan not akin to triple talaq, women have option of ‘khula’
- China sanctions top Taiwanese officials after 2nd US delegation’s visit to Taipei
- Assam pays tribute to INA’s ‘Singing Soldier’ composer of National Anthem’s tune
- Assam: 15-feet Burmese Python weighing 100 kg rescued in Baska
- Mizoram: Man, 25, arrested for brutally assaulting wife
- Tripura gets access to Mongla port in Bangladesh